WELCOME TO OUR 21stCCLC ACES PROGRAM – 2020-2021
In a COVID19 world, the Nita M. Lowey 21stCCLC Mullica Township School District ACES Program offers
quality before/after school programs for registered Mullica Township School District students in Grades 3-8.
The VISION of the Nita M. Lowey 21st CCLC Mullica ACES Program is to offer high quality, hands on and
inquiry based opportunities in an afterschool environment to all registered participants that will yield improved
academic achievement, positive behavior, social interaction and parental involvement while preparing students
for the 21st Century.
The GOAL of the Nita M. Lowey 21stCCLC Mullica ACES Program is to provide a safe environment facilitated
by nurturing adults, where opportunities in academic remediation and enrichment, positive youth development,
culture and the arts, health/nutrition/fitness and physical activity are made available. Opportunities and ctivities
and programming for parental involvement are also offered.
SERVICES provided our students:
• Remediation and enrichment in math, science and language arts
• Tutoring & Counseling
• The Arts: Cultural, Visual and Performing
• Character Education
• Physical Fitness/Health and Wellness
ALL REGISTERED ACES STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A CANVAS TOTE FILLED WITH THE SUPPLIES AND
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ACES ACTIVITIES AND LESSONS FOR 2020-2021.
Our AM/Morning ACES Program operates IN-PERSON 1.5 hours (6:45AM-8:15AM) before school Monday –
Friday for Cohort A & B students who receive:
● a healthy, nutritious breakfast self-prepared under supervision of our cooking instructor;
● Homework Help and Academic Support;
● Fitness, Yoga/Meditation, Movement Activities (student choice)
Our PM/Afternoon ACES operates VIRTUALLY up to 2 hours after school Monday – Friday, with pre-filmed
activities available (24/7). PMAfternoon ACES provides:
● Google Classroom LIVE check-in with the Site Coordinator (3:30PM – 3:45PM)
● assignment to Homework Help and Academic Support breakout rooms w/certificated teachers;
● assignment to a hosted breakout room for Academic/STEM Enrichment;
● student option to select from a menu of either virtual “live” activities or pre-filmed instructional
activities/clubs via Google Classroom/Hangouts and/or Zoom Platform(s).
● Option for “first-registered, first eligible” participation in specialized, limited-seats programs like our
planned Futures First Gaming Club/Team, First Move Chess Club, STEAM FORWARD Academy,
Skillastics STEM & Sports Program, and Mindcraft Escape Rooms.
21stCCLC ACES Program also offers virtual themed-family activities on “Wacky Wednesdays” or “Fun
Fridays”. These events are often coordinated with the 21stCCLC Egg Harbor City School District REACH
Program. Past events have included Welcome Winter Shoebox Car Parade, Virtual Dance Parties,
Cardio-Drumming, Yoga and Mindfulness, Parent Kid-Grit Workshop, and Family Pizza Night.
When covid-gathering restrictions are relaxed, 4-6 SATURDAY Family and Community Engagement Events.
Think “Afternoon at the Aquatic Center”, “Skating Away Saturday”,“Amazing Day at the Aquarium”, and/or “A
Day Down on the (Funny) Farm”. Parents may bring a registered child(ren) and other siblings to enjoy the day
as a family, together, hanging out and having fun.
*NOTE: Bus transportation to AM Morning ACES and future Super Saturday Events are not currently available
at this time, and all activities will follow the Mullica Township School District’s Restart and Reopening Plan.
Questions or Comments? Please e-mail:
Barbara Rheault, 21stCCLC Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy Rivera, 21stCCLC Site Coordinator at email@example.com