Any individual who believes that the district has not complied with the provisions in the law or administrative code related to gifted and talented services may file a complaint with the Board of Education. The complaint shall be submitted in writing to the Board of Education office. The Superintendent or designee shall take the necessary actions to correct or remediate the complaint and report such actions to the Board of Education. The Board of Education shall issue a decision, in writing, to affirm, reject, or modify the district’s action in the matter.

If the complaint is not resolved to the individual’s satisfaction or the individual is not satisfied by the written decision of the Board of Education, the individual may then file a petition of appeal of the Board of Education’s written decision to the Commissioner of Education through the Office of Controversies and Disputes in accordance with law (N.J.S.A. 18A:6-9) and the procedures set forth in the State Board of Education regulations.